Winter Volunteer Orientation at Laurel Mt
The all-volunteer Laurel Summit Nordic Ski Patrol needs your help this winter at the Warming Hut and on the trails (on Summit Road just off Route 30 between Laughlintown and Jennerstown). Your assistance gives the Patrollers more time on the trails to provide first aid and assistance to all those who use the area.
If you are already enjoying these trails in the winter, please consider donating a few hours during your visit to support the area.
The Warming Hut is staffed most weekends, weather permitting, from 9am until 5pm in January, February and March. We are looking for people willing to help others, and the area, and can commit to a minimum of 2 - 4 hours each month. The time you donate can be spent in and around the Warming Hut during the busiest times of the day, or on the trails. You do not need to be a skier or winter outdoor enthusiast to help.
The Patrol would like to invite all those interested (and those who have helped us in the past) to attend an Orientation Session on Saturday, December 14th. Come at 9:30am for fresh brewed coffee, hot tea, juice and pastry - the meeting will start at 10am and the activities will conclude by noon.
- Meet the other Winter Volunteers and Patrollers.
- See what help is needed with Opening and Closing the Warming Hut.
- Help restock the snacks and learn where all the supplies are stored.
- Assist with setting up the drink and snack area.
- Become familiar with the Patrol Room (where you can store your equipment while volunteering).
- Learn what help is needed on the ski and snowshoe trails.
To RSVP for Saturday, December 14th, for additional information, or to volunteer, please contact Ann Rahn, Laurel Summit Nordic Ski Patroller at firstname.lastname@example.org or 814-746-2932.